Almost time for a trail ride….
- It’s muddy now, so remember to put your horses into a sacrifice paddock to save your fields
- Keep lots of hay available, and leave that water heat on until temperatures remain consistently above zero degrees C. Cold water is one of the contributors to colic.
- Winter Coats–one big hairy ride! Their winter coat/ hair will start to fall our naturally as the weather warms.
- Provide mineral supplement to ensure they are getting the nutrients they need until the new grass is in.
- Start off riding slowly–both for your horses to get in shape, and for yourself!
- Oil tack to get rid of the winter dust and to ensure it is protected against moisture.
- Get back in the saddle and out on the trail!